Due to the success of our last recruitment drive, we have increased our board membership. We are now looking for nominations for our AGM in November.
We need people who want to make a positive difference to the lives of children and young people in communities across Greater Glasgow, Renfrewshire and Ayrshire. If this describes you and you are interested in joining our Board of Directors please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal meeting or call 0141 849 6333 and speak to Isobel Lawson, our CEO.
Below are 10 key points to running a charity, prepared by OSCR the regulator of charities in Scotland.
1) Always do what is best for your charity
2) Act with care and diligence
3) Understand your charity's legal responsibilities
4) Declare and manage conflicts of interest
5) Know and understand your charitable purpose
6) Have a copy of your governing document
7) Understand your charity's finances
8) Send OSCR the correct information, on time
9) Make sure your charity's details on the Scottish Charity Register are correct and any changes made properly
10) Give people the correct information
Our Board meetings are 4 times a year in Paisley, with a board Away Day each year to discuss strategic matters. The Annual General meeting for members is held each year in November. This is where the Board reports to the membership on the activities carried out during the year and seeks approval for the Annual Accounts.
People who use our services form the majority of members and elect prospective Board members at the AGM. Members also have the opportunity to submit Resolutions for consideration at the AGM.
If you want to find out more we would love to hear from you. The contribution you make to the work of the Board of Directors really can make a difference.